Thursday, August 8, 2013
Facts on Shark Teeth
1) A shark can have up to 50,000 teeth in a lifetime.
2) Sharks typically lose at least one tooth per week.
3) Shark teeth are arranged in neat conveyor belt rows and can be replaced within a day of losing one.
4) Shark teeth were recently discovered to contain fluoride.
5) Sharks do not suffer from cavities.
6) The coating of shark teeth is acid resistant and less water soluble than our teeth.
For more information on Sharks check out the Discovery Channel.